Name: MOHAMMED SAHIB MEJID MARZOOQ
Place & Date of birth: Baghdad- Iraq, 11 Oct 1967
Martial Statue: Married & have three boys.
Education: B.A. in Languages -1990
Language: Arabic, English and French.
- Minister Plenipotentiary (2015- ), Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Iraq- New York.
- Counselor (2013-2015), Deputy Head of Human Rights Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- First Secretary (2008-2012), Embassy of Republic of Iraq- Madrid.
- Second Secretary (2005-2008), Head of UN Section- Human Rights Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Second Secretary (2002-2005), Officer of Human Rights & Humanitarian Affairs, Permanent Mission of Iraq- Geneva.
- Third Secretary (2000-2002), Human Rights Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Attaché (1998-2000), Press Section- Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Attaché (1997-1998), Protocol Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Conferences & Meetings:
- Vice-chair of the 19th meeting of State Parties of CEDAW, New York, 21 June, 2016.
- (70, 71) Sessions of the United Nations General Assembly, New York, 2015-2017.
- 28th Session of Human Rights Council meetings, Geneva, 2-27 March, 2015.
- 54th Meeting of CEDAW, Discussion of the first Iraqi National Report after 2003 to the Human Rights Treaty Bodies, Geneva, 12-20 Feb, 2014.
- Third Committee meetings of the (68-70-71) Sessions of the United Nations General Assembly, New York, 2013-2015-2016.
- MOFA Representative in General Secretariat for the Council of Minister’s Committee on Iraq first time candidature to Human Rights Council, Baghdad, 2013-2016.
- 16th Session of Universal Periodic Review meetings, Geneva, 22 April-2nd May, 2013.
- World Tourism Organization annual periodic meetings, Madrid, 2008-2012.
- International Olive Council annual periodic meetings, Madrid, 2008-2012.
- First Session of Universal Periodic Review meetings, Geneva, 7-18 April, 2008.
- ECOSOC annual meetings (First year Iraqi membership after 2003), Geneva, 1-28 July, 2007.
- First Session of Human Rights Council meetings, Geneva, 19-30 June, 2006.
- Annual Sub-Commission on the Protection and Promotion of Human Rights meetings, Geneva, 25 July- 3 Aug 2005.
- Periodic and advisory meetings of UN bodies, organs and geographical groups on human rights, Geneva, 2003-2004.
- Annual and advisory meetings of International Labour Office, Geneva, 2003-2004.
- Annual and advisory meetings of High Commissioner for Refugees, Geneva, 2003-2004.
- Annual and advisory meetings of World Health Organization, Geneva, 2003-2004.
- Annual and advisory meetings of International Committee of Red Cross, Geneva, 2003-2004.
Training courses & Fellowships:
- 18th Diplomatic Rehabilitation Course, Foreign Service Institute- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Iraq, 1995-1996.
- UNITAR Fellowship Programme in International Affairs Management: Capacity-Building for Human Security, Geneva, 23 April- 11 May, 2001.
- UNITAR Workshop on the Structure and Functions of the Principal Organs of the United Nations, Geneva, 2-5 June 2003.
- Workshop on the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, Geneva, 19-23 July 2004.
- UNITAR Fellowship on Strengthening Capacities of the Iraqi Civil Service- Effective Negotiation Planning, Performance and Analysis & Performing Effectively in Multilateral Institutions, Geneva & Hiroshima, 1-17 Dec, 2005.
- Training Course on Executive Development Programme for Iraqi Officials, Korea International Cooperation Agency, Seoul (South Korea), 28 Nov- 18 Dec, 2006.